Friday, September 23, 2011

Bio Blurb, in case yr wondering...

A bit about me:  I grew up with Christian "mystic" parents, and have had a spiritual practice of one kind or another since I was about seven, I guess.  I took to it like a duck to water back then, and, though I essentially left the Church around age 20, have continued seeking the oneness with Divine I glimpsed early on.  I’m now 36, and I haven’t involved myself with other spiritual seekers much since the church, apart from some close friendships.   I have however, over the past year or so, delved deeply into the teachings of Eckhart Tolle and others.  This has had an effect of reactivating some of the wisdom I grew up with (as in—“Seek first the kingdom of God [my transl:  the inner realm] and His righteousness [my transl:  acceptance of all that the present moment is presenting]…).  I also have been a culinary professional for about thirteen years on and off, hence the “breakfast” part of this meditative hike and breakfast thing.  I recently put my catering business on hiatus in order to de-stress, but still have a need to feed.  I love cooking outdoors; camping-cooking is my fave! 

No comments:

Post a Comment